Friday, April 26, 2013

About the lasagna....

Here's the thing. Hubs and I were like "recipes are for chumps, we got this" and then I got caught up making mascarpone cheese for his homemade tiramisu (future blog about that forsure) and I forgot to be a good blogger and take pictures.

Good news is, the ricotta tasted really good (although it didn't really need to be squeezed). Bad news is, due to some poor choices in the spice cabinet, our lasagna tasted exactly like enchiladas. We think it was the addition of cumin. Fun fact: CUMIN MAKES EVERYTHING TASTE LIKE TACOS.

EVEN YOUR DELICIOUS LASAGNA.

Oh gawd there's a Michael Buble commercial on and I looooooove him.

Sorry guys, I've been sick (stomach flu) and I'm still a little dehydrated and loopy. I don't even know how I got it (I ate everything my sister and hubs ate and yet I still was the only one slowly dying at 2 a.m.).

This is really just a random update post. There's no good information here.

Speaking of information, I found a flea on Puma the other day, so I looked up non-bug-bomb solutions to the problem and wound up buying a 10 lb bag of diatomaceous earth (food grade) that apparently I'm supposed to sprinkle on everything (including the cats), wait for the fleas exoskeletons to be slashed up and the eggs to get all dead by the physical harm of the powder, then vacuum it. It's supposed to basically grind up their bodies and their eggs instead of gassing them with chemicals.

Sorry, I just don't buy that bug bombs are safe when they want me to have myself and my animals out of the house for 2 HOURS while it does it's thing, then open up all my windows to let the rest of the fumes out. Also, I'm supposed to keep closet doors open while I bomb everything, then I'm supposed to WEAR those clothes!? Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope.

So later I'm going to wash all my sheets and everything in hot water, cover my furniture, mattress, floors, and even cats with this crap and it kills everything.

Has anyone ever tried this?

OH MY GAWD I FOUND THE GOWN LOOKS SO GOOD.

Okay, it's definitely time to stop. I'm sorry.

Please come back. Next post will be better, I swear.

I've spent most of the past 4 days curled up in the fetal position, in sweats, on my couch, cuddling my cats.

This has been my life. This and ginger ale.

Sorry this post kinda blows, but it was time for a post, and I gave it to you.

Up next, HOMEMADE TIRAMISU! 

No comments:

Post a Comment