Monday, March 18, 2013

OMG YOU GUYS I GOT A KITTEN

YEAH. So it was the day before my 5 year anniversary with Hubs and I was trolling Craigslist for kittens. Shelter cats can come with a ton of problems, and my local ASPCA didn't have any kittens. Then I came across an ad saying someone had a tiny black kitten, free to a good home, and they lived super duper close to me.

Obviously, I had to e-mail them. I asked how old he was and if he used the litterbox. He was 8 weeks and used it, which basically means I needed this kitten. I made a time to go over with Hubs, and then we met him. Guys...... he was perfect. He looked healthy, happy, and fuzzy. Even the mom looked big, healthy and beautiful. The family had found the mom wandering outside right around Christmas, and then on new years she started having kittens. He hadn't been to the vet yet, but I didn't care, I needed him.

First things first, he needed to see the vet before he could meet Puma. I loved her first, and I didn't want her to get worms or feline leukemia from what I knew she'd see as an intruder. It seemed wrong. For the meantime, he was locked into the guest room, where he had a big air mattress, lots of blankets and toys, food, water, and a litterbox.

We named him Bear Grylls and introduced him to everyone via Skype and FaceTime. The next day we took him to the vet. He is in perfect health, and he was only 1.8 pounds! Somehow we got out of there for only $86, including bloodwork for the feline leukemia, first shots, deworming, and a huge bag of free swag. I love them, and they're who I'll be taking Puma to in September.

It was also our anniversary that day, so we got home from the vet, made ourselves a big dinner of steak, orzo, and green beans paired with a fantastic Bordeaux we bought on our honeymoon in France. For dessert, we had massive servings of ice cream, fancy French champagne we got from our French friend Remi, and strawberries. Our version of romance is sitting in our PJ's and watching Jeopardy. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Oh, you want to see the kitten?

Fine.

Photo: Guys, meet our new kitten Bear Grylls!! He is small and soft and fluffy. He also loves cuddling up on Phoenix.


ISN'T HE SO CUTE YOU COULD DIE!?

Photo: Happy 5 year anniversary Phoenix!! Also OMGGGG BEAR GRYLLS. 5 years is supposed the be the wood anniversary, BUT KITTEN IS SO MUCH BETTER. 
He goes to the vet in a couple hours, then he gets to meet the puma!

Him with Hubs.

Photo: Woke up to #beargryllsthecat purring and being a very cute kitten.

He slept on Shannon the entire time she came to visit, which I'll blog about later, but OMFG SO CUTE.



Sleepin



So that's pretty much it!

Lovin on Bear Grylls like a boss.

1 comment: